MESA, Ariz. — Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport remembers the tragic events of September 11 by hosting a public memorial service:
What: Memorial Service
• City of Mesa Police and Fire Departments will escort a ceremonial wreath from Fire Station 215 to the Terminal flagpole
• The Police Honor Guard will collect the wreath from the fire vehicle and place it at the flagpole; the existing American flag will be lowered, folded, and replaced by a new American flag
• The group will observe a moment of silence
• A bag pipe player will play
• Mesa Fire and PD are dismissed and return to their normal duties – concluding the ceremony
When: Sept 11, 2011 from 9:00 a.m. to approximately 9:15 a.m.
Where: Charles L. Williams Terminal flag pole
About Gateway Airport
The Airport was established in 1994 and is owned and operated by the Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Authority, which consists of the Gila River Indian Community, Gilbert, Mesa, Phoenix, and Queen Creek. Gateway Airport offers nonstop passenger service via Allegiant
with flights to over 25 cities nationwide. For more information, visit www.phxmesagateway.org.
Phoenix-Mesa Gateway Airport Media Contact: